Wednesday, May 02, 2007

DBOB 2007 is back

MEN, DBOB blog has awaken!!

Hello Men. We have 5 months left until Men's retreat. Let’s keep fired up. Let’s keep tabs with each other either in this blog or email.

I know the DBOB blog has been inactive since December., but I will try keep this alive. Just to let viewers know this for anyone who reads this blog. I would like to take the time to motivate anyone who needs motivating. I hope this blog is a spark not just to Deaf Band of Brothers, for anyone who needs it.

The verse of the week is John 8:12. Do you have any news to share about how you are shining the light into work world? The work world is full of unbelievers and weak Christians.

When dealing with unbelievers, sometime we have to educate them what they see in us Christians. Because sometime they do not see or expect to see God through 9 Fruits. The Fruits do not always come into play. We need to educate them with love and patience.

What’s your thoughts and feedback? I hope to hear from you all. This is process of Spiritual Fitness instead of Muscle Fitness.

Darrin – Spark Ministry

Tozer Daily Devotional

May 1

Preaching: Listen to God

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.
He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of
life."
--John 8:12

If while hearing a sermon we can fix on but one real jewel of truth we
may consider ourselves well rewarded for the time we have spent.

One such gem was uncovered during a sermon which I heard some time ago.
From the sermon I got one worthy sentence and no more, but it was so
good that I regret that I cannot remember who the preacher was, that I
might give him credit. Here is what he said, "Listen to no man who
fails to listen to God."...

No man has any right to offer advice who has not first heard God speak.
No man has any right to counsel others who is not ready to hear and
follow the counsel of the Lord. True moral wisdom must always be an
echo of God's voice. The only safe light for our path is the light
which is reflected from Christ, the Light of the World....

God has His chosen men still, and they are without exception good
listeners. They can hear when the Lord speaks. We may safely listen to
such men. But to no others. The Root of the Righteous, 15-17.

"Don't ever let me preach my own empty, worthless stuff, Lord.
Whenever I enter the pulpit I pray that I might have a fresh word from
heaven. Amen."

--

No comments: