Thursday, September 07, 2006

Colorful Christian



Romans 8:5 5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

I read the Spiritual Guide book today and this paragraph caught my eye what I was thinking about today ironic.

“Now Scriptures tells us that the natural man does not understand the things which spiritual significance. If you should criticize – or even condemn – though you do not understand it, you have joined yourself to the world’s men of wisdom.

Understanding the deep things of the Lord does not come first from a good intellect, nor logic, nor reasoning; it comes through experience. The deep things of God are not invented things, nor are the teaching be proven, but rather only to be received This is why such matters are so fruitful in a believer’s life. The deep things of the Lord do not come to soul through your ear hearing nor your eye reading books, but by something Holy Spirit puts you abundantly. The Holy Spirit’s fruits He communicates to those who are humble in their mind and lowly in use of their reasoning powers!” (Michael Melinos – Rome 1675)

Men,

For the last 3 weeks I have been inputting this blog, and re-read all of them. I am in Awe of God. I look back to my life; I realize I am unschooled just as Apostles that Jesus chose. I didn’t go to college, but did graduate from High School. I live in 2 worlds. I thank the Lord for teaching me both worlds and bring them together. But there are things that I start questioning on our intelligence side of us. Each of us at FXCC has different backgrounds, education, politics, and cultures. When it comes to committing ourselves to Christ, we ought to toss all we had learned or experienced since we are a New Creation. Renew thoughts of the Father. I firmly believe we should practice detoxifying ourselves now and then. We just did this Fasting and praying just for sake of unanswered prayers and praises, but really we should use that time to detoxify for what we have polluted ourselves with.

Pollute? I am guilty of listening to wonderful comments made by many Christians, and reading popular Christian books. But there are times when I really read the bible, listen to scriptures, I realized I have fallen to Men’s teaching (Prov 14:12). Though I felt my tongue has been cut or I hit a brick wall big time, I have been mislead? Reason I say this; there are times when people who have been Christians for while, and may have an argument, rebel, or criticize biblical teaching at FXCC or at any non-denominations. But heads up men, what was taught and what will be taught is from The Bible. God willing with guidance of Holy Spirit leading the Elders, Ministers, and Ministry leaders at FXCC. I do have some issues that are taught in Church of Christ in general, but wait a minute! Church don’t teach their doctrine?. Hey, its found in the bible, Dohhhh (Homer Simpson reaction). But of course those wonderful men who desprately seeking God’s words will teach what is said in bible. But there are references and commentates that lead us to teach what people may or may not agree with. We all do our best to receive the message as IS and try to apply to what we see today. We take it and use it to spread the word about Christ.

Hey we don’t have to toss out everything we had before becoming a Christian, we use them as a tool. For example Apostle Paul used his experience at the Synagogues and preach to Pharisees. Thankfully, God has placed each person different path, so they can still translate word of God and Utilize their education, background, politics, and culture for opportunity to spread the Word of God to people around us. This is what Father want best for His children to do His will. This is what’s wonderful about the flavor of people’s experience in their life’s testimony. All we have to do is apply these to unbelievers and bring them to Christ and those who are confused to stand firm in their faith.

Lord,

Wow, I am so grateful for you to give us opportunity to fall Man’s way, then in turn humble accept your way, then now we can reach to the world and share the Good news to them. Then only by your Grace You can pierce their hearts. Give the unbelievers your undivided attention. Utilize us. Your great Name Amen!

No comments: