Thursday, September 07, 2006

Testimony of the heart

Jer 29:13
13And ye shall seek Me and find Me when ye shall search for Me with all your heart. (NJKV)

Ezekiel 36:26
26And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. (NLT)


James 5:16
16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (NKJV)

Tear Jerker Lesson

Here is another one of Lee Strobel's Testimony I got from his book "Inside The Mind of Un-churched Harry and Mary". This is time before his conversion. I hope this testimony will stick to you all, as it will with me.

So, after I had put the last piece of my mental jigsaw puzzle into place, I figuratively stepped back to see the picture I had been seen systematically piecing together in my mind for almost two years.

It was a portrait of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.Like former skeptic Thomas, I responded by declaring: "My Lord and my God!"

Afterward, I waked into the kitchen, where Leslie (Lee’s wife) was standing next to Alison in front of the sink. Our daughter was five years old at the time, and by standing on her toes and stretching, she was barely able to reach the kitchen faucet for the first time.


"Look Daddy, look!" she exclaimed. "I can touch it! I can touch it!"


"Honey. That’s great, "You know, that's exactly how I feel. I've been reaching for someone for a long time, and today I was finally able to touch Him" she knew what I was saying. With tears in our eyes, we embraced.

As it turned out, Leslie and her friends had been praying for me almost daily through out my spiritual journey. Often, Leslie's prayers had focus on this verse from Old Testament:
And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. Ez 36:26
Thank God, He has been faithful to that promise.

Lord,

Thank you for showing me these verses; You will withhold your promise when we seek you within all our heart. Amen

No comments: