Thursday, August 24, 2006

Be in Jonah's shoes

Jonah 2:1-2
Jonah's Prayer

1 From inside the fish Jonah

prayed to the LORD his God.

2 He said: "In my distress I

called to the LORD, and he

answered me. From the

depths of the grave I called

for help, and you listened to

my cry.


You think that after a crazy ordeal you went through, think again you get a taste for more. Compare yourself with Jonah’s cartoon. Funny. The book of Jonah is interesting. Jonah struggled to fight his strong will attitude towards God as he refused to preach to this town Nineveh. How can we learn from this? Well I know for fact this has happen sometimes when a Christian is encouraged to participate in a ministry or setup ministry but then fails. Something happens in the person’s life that causes ministry to fail. Some really good ministry eventually gets Black Balled! Mark at a time he tried to add more tasks to his plate to keep the important ministries alive. Over time the ministry dissolves due to Mark nearly getting burnt out. Mark now leaves that to the Lord for now on. I don’t blame him. I had participated in few and helped to setup a few but where are they now?

Jonah tried to escape from God and during time he was in stormy sea and he was trapped. Then he finally realizes that God s calling him. God has been trying to show him he really needed him no matter what Jonah thinks of people in Nineveh. What will it take for us Men to respond to Lord's calling? We are afraid to know what ahead of us? There will be good times and hard times believe me: Psalms 46:10 "Be silent, and know that I am God!

I am reading bible, praying, and involving different ministry as much as I can. This is the mission that I have dedicated myself to. Instead I could give up my job and take my family to another country for missionary but God has molded me to be part of the Deaf Ministry for the WMA. So here I will stay. For each person the calling will be different. Mark gave his life to study and train to minister. Now he is training us. This is a rarity for this kind of ministry. There are many areas where God needs us, but we have too many obligations that conflict with God's plan. We will need to shift gears and reprioritize. It will of course, take us out of comfort zone into a rocky zone. But after period of time, we will get used to it.

Lord,

I am so amazed that you have fired us up to set this DBOB and open the eyes of our heart Lord. I know for sure you will transform us into what you want us to become for your Glory, in Jesus’ Name Amen.

No comments: