Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Your First Love - From 8-16-06 post

Deaf Band of the Brothers: 8-16-06

(NLT) Revelations 2:5 "Look how far you have fallen from your first love! Turn back to me again and work as you did at first. If you don't, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches."

Powerful verse.

I learned this word, "adrenalin" which also means "rejuvenation", rekindle the fire in a Christian man. In the dictionary, "adrenalin" is a medical term for describing hormones taking over in our muscles under stress. But we always find many ways to describe verses that can apply to our daily lives.

This verse above is rude awakening for us. I recall that day I commit my life to Jesus. With that feeling that I had all over my body, and my motivation, my desire to do many things for the Lord. But what happen since then? With everyday life struggle such as time, family, finance, etc, Satan does good job unplug cork and drain out this JUICE. I hope and pray with this men's retreat I look forward to rejuvenation! I remember also when asking Mark how to describe word that I want to see Gospel spread like wild fire. He gave me word he found was "Kerusso Effect." It means to "ring out the message strongly." I use this as my login name on the Kerusso blog. I really like this word as it really describes me.

One other thing I like to share, since living here in Maryland, I meet a lot of pride people as they tend to tell me to slow down chill out and some complain! Man, they really misled me. I don't want to slow down anymore. There is no time. We need to keep at it as Devil is one step ahead of us but really with Lord's help we ought to be one step ahead not behind.

James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

Lets be one step ahead of Satan!

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you for reminding us that we should not forsake our first love. With everyday life in Washington DC Metro, it is so easy to deflate this first love. Forgive us, as we are weak. We pray that you protect us from Satan blowing out the FLAME! In Jesus’ name Amen."

No comments: