Monday, August 21, 2006

Evangelism - 8-20-06

I read this verse of day from www.litmin.org. This will be the DBOB for August 20.

Evangelism: Saved to Worship
"Give to the Lord the glory due His name; bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!" --1 Chronicles 16:29

There is nothing intrinsically (essentially) wrong with signing a card. It can be a helpful thing so we know who has made inquiry. But really, my brother or sister, we are brought to God and to faithand to salvation that we might worship and adore Him. We do not come to God that we might be automatic Christians, cookie-cutter Christians, Christians stamped out with a dye. (This is funny quote ~ Darrin)

God has provided His salvation that we might be, individually and personally, vibrant children of God, loving God with all our hearts and worshiping Him in the beauty of holiness.

Prayer:
"Lord, I don't need another name in my file, another notch on my belt. But I would like the privilege today of bringing someone to the pointof salvation so he could become a genuine worshiper of You. Use me and others today, I pray, in Jesus' name. Amen."

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Love this prayer, "..bringing someone to the point of salvation so he/she could become a genuine worshiper of You." Amen to that!