Monday, August 28, 2006

Open up Men

Galatians 6:2:
2Share each other's troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ. (NLT)

Today I was reading Acts 8:26-40, this is about Philip and the Ethiopian. Click on the link to the verse:

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=act+8%3A26-40&version1=31



Testimony:
There was once a great wonderful man who was minister of the gospel. He was known by many deaf in USA. He would be at every Deaf National Workshops. He was preacher in Northern part of USA. But then one day he stumbled across some verses and a book he thought that conflict with The Church of Christ, so he resigned as preacher, and had a bitter conflict with the local church. Actually the elders forced him to resign because he was teaching deaf something outside the bible. He also was reading and using different book. He and family moved to another state and joined this Cult. This church that he left, many deaf members were in despair. Few years later, My wife and I went to National Workshop in Ohio. There were alot of those members from broken church happen to be there. They came to me and were complaining they missed this minister. This was heart breaking because its been more than 2 years and they were still depressed?

I felt Holy Spirit compelled me to speak up. I asked one of the coordinator if I could speak during the service. I spoke about Acts 8:26-40. This is a good passage about how Ethiopian rejoice in his salvation. But noticed Philip disappeared and yet the Eunich still rejoiced. I rebuked anyone who is in despair because minister has left the church. I said that once a person has the Good News what do you do with it? Yes for time we may be depressed that leader has left, but hey, you have the bible. You have salvation, be rejoceful. Continue with deaf ministry anyway. In Time Lord will answer your call.

What lead me to this passage, because there are times we have brothers and sister leaving our family of God going to another family of God because matter of "1 little grain of sand" such as doctrinal conflicts what he\she thinks is a big thing. Have you all heard of book called "Don't sweat the small stuff"? There was a book years ago on this issue. So true. Devil loves to make a little thing blown up like dough that rises (yeast). I do have some concerns to some doctrinal issues, but hey, does that Mean I am right, ME ME ME? I leave this to the Lord. If Holy Spirit complells me to challenge with meekness I will. But I don't feel its is a big thing then I let it go! What matters, we have brothers and sisters who act like CHRIST! Thats what we need to do. I really like verse Mark brought up yeaterday Galatians 6:2. We need to be open, this is only way we can learn from those who are Matured in Christ! Let you know there will be times when your mind may not be straight for number of reasons. Maybe because of working over time, negative thoughts enter your mind, then all sudden this little "grain of sand" you thought may be a big thing because a huge conflict and this can tear family of God. This is where prayer comes into play, and meekness.

Lord,
Forgive us humans! We have many things happening in our lives today, sometime stress is a big factor in our daily schedule. Soemtime we don't make room for You. Lord you should come first in our life. Unfortuntely that sometime we put others above You and this is where Devil prowls on. Please help us Men to focus on you more. Weed out this obstacle. Open our heart to each men here DBOB. We need to Speak up. This is only way we can grow in Christ. You are an Awsome God, Amen!

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Funny, you mentioned this as I did in my blog! God works in mysterious ways and I say, "Amen!"

We all need to wake up to this! Divorce is on the rise. Men and women of faith are becoming more and more lazy (many are sleeping). Homosexuality. Gossip. "Me"-centered-mentality. Hypocritical living. Deception. And more!!

We're so worried about what other people think of us when we come before God, before the witness to repent. Instead of feeling this way, we give God the glory!!

Perhaps, "The Christian Life" you're thinking may not be on the same plane God is thinking. Read 1 Timothy 4:16, "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."