Monday, August 28, 2006

Satan, bounce off our Band!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10(CEV)

7Of course, I am now referring to the wonderful things I saw. One of Satan's angels was sent to make me suffer terribly, so that I would not feel too proud. 8Three times I begged the Lord to make this suffering go away. 9But he replied, "My kindness (grace) is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am. 10Yes, I am glad to be weak or insulted or mistreated or to have troubles and sufferings, if it is for Christ. Because when I am weak, I am strong.

Interesting to see how I was not much of daily bible or book reader or praying regularly to now an advent reader more than EVER. I’m speaking out more, praying more, very involved, motivating others, and a loud extrovert! As leader in ministry, I do not see myself a person with an Office, Label, or a Position. I am just merely a disciple of Christ. Being a Christian is not perfect in flesh but perfect in Christ is our goal. Romans 3:10 10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (KJV)


Lately I have been expressing many different testimonies and little about myself. Dudes, I believe a person who does not express about their past\present struggles and how they overcome or still struggling, then I assume this person is perfect? NOPE. Would be great to see you all share your struggles so we all learn from each other. Come on men, new and old Christians, deaf or hearing, we all have struggles. As we see Paul’s (2 Corinthians) statement he asked Lord to remove this Physical Thorn he is experiencing, but Lord says his Grace is sufficient. Wow what a verse. He is an inspiration to me to keep going when tough keeps going.


Let me share my struggle recently. Last year I learned about my issue that I did not see myself. I had issued with disrespectful judgment towards people sometime, especially my wife. One brother in Christ brought up this issue to me. I am so happy he did. If he didn’t, hey I would be typing this Blog with a big log in my eye ha (Matthew 7). Last night I was putting my wife down constantly because I was trying to repair computer and it was getting late for my son. But not knowing my wife was exhausted due to nursing our son (normal). I gave up the computer stuff took our son to bed and went sleep. This morning as driving to work, I felt a heavy load on my heart not sure why. Then sitting at the computer logging on at work, then I said Lord forgive me for putting pressure on my wife. I felt bad about that, but then my wife forgives me for this issue. I said to my self I hate this thorn, then that gave me Light Bulb for that story from Paul with his thorn.


Lord,

Forgive us for our weakness for what ever they are, but I hope we all can learn from them and have confidence to share them. This is good because we can reinforce each other and with the Spiritual Church becomes stronger. Hear our prayer Lord, and build this Deaf Band of Brothers together stronger so Satan will bounce off our Band. Amen!

No comments: