Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Parable of the Sower

Luke 8:1-15 & Isaiah 6:9

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Luke+8%3A1-15%2C+Isaiah+6%3A9&version1=31


This passage describes how when we mention word of God, Testimony, bible passage, or anything related to the Gospel is considered the seed. Depending on heart of the person, which describes the condition of the dirt\ground.


Opportunity knocks!


Last night my wife and I went to see hearing friend of mine who is hospital for blood clot in result from knee surgery. My friend had a motorcycle accident few weeks ago, and last Monday he finally had surgery on his knee. The way I look at it, his life was rescued twice. I reminded him of that. He decided not to replace his bike. He is giving up on it. I said to him Lord is giving you a clue to don’t even try again. There may not be a next time. I gave my friend book “Case of the Creator” by Lee Strobel. He likes sci-fi Christian novels. This book will answer to a lot of his question about science vs. God.

My friend was feeling down due to medication so he SMS me last night when I got home. He asked me few questions about verses and stuff I have been telling him about plus he thanked the Lord for sparing his life. Last week the medication made him very depressed and wanted to die. Then at that moment I recall I have never asked him this question. I knew he believed in God but what is his status? So I asked him question: Do you consider yourself saved\Christian. If so, when?” He said, “When I was young I accepted Christ, I may need to do it again”. So this tells me he used to be Christian.

I took time to explain several verses to some of his questions related to the bible. Then I made the opportunity right time to discuss the parable of sower. Surprisingly, he did not know this Parable. Then he asked me there should be balance good and evil. Since I know how his mind works because he plays sci-fi video games and books he reads, I took time to discuss the bible with him. I explained there are 2 choices, Obey or not to Obey. There is one path to Highway to Hell and other a rocky path to Heaven. My friend was feeling really down. So I prayed with him in the SMS. So I leave it with that.

Here is a thought for us all Men, If a person outside the church see that I talked to my friend in this way, they would think I was mean or out of line. Believe me, even though it hurts me to tell him the Truth I had to. My friend said Truth hurts. I said yep.

Lord,

Thank you for connecting me to this person who needs our prayers and support. This is greatest opportunity there is when a person hits rock bottom and his heart is clear and soft like the parable of the sower. Lord as I have planted the seed, please guide this person to way to salvation. Thank you for giving me opportunity to share with the Men of DBOB, Your Son’s sweetest Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Truth is a dagger that pierces our precious soul, and it's painful!

You all have beautiful feets (Ro. 10:15) so thanks for taking the time in visiting this guy and he's in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I really like this sermon on this parable, it really help me understand the symbolism. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2004/10/press-on?lang=eng#6-