Friday, August 25, 2006

Jolt our emotions for the Glory for God



Romans 1:20: From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God. (NLT)

This is interesting, when I read some of verses that really strike my interest. Have you ever come across verse that your heart starts racing, and many ideas come, role-play verses to someone or just keeps thinking of different scenarios in your mind for days. I come across verse Romans 1:20 which really hits my emotions. I just do not get it when people reject the idea of God and His creation. God is displaying his existence in everything - nature and people. I see the technology and travel today that makes the knowledge that God existence more wide spread. The thought comes to my mind that the world may end at any time. I read a funny clip during Society class at my high school showing news lady announcing the world will blow up 10pm, news at 11. Does this get your emotions rowdy eh?

Here is another verse that may get your emotions into gear but it certainly does with mine: Luke 3:22: and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Have anyone heard of commercial by EF Hutton? This commercial was run in 80’s. But they had a funny commercial shows how people reacted to voice of this guy saying “When EF Hutton speaks, people listen” then whole crowd of people run toward sound and hold their ear toward the sound and pause. This is neat, same how we ought to react when reading these verses. But I really like Luke 3:22, imagine God speaking from the clouds and we hear his gentle voice we out to give Lord our undivided attention. When I see verses I give Him my undivided attention. James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.(NIV)

Thank you Lord for giving us emotions so we can analyze what we need to do to obey you instead of just listen to preachers, message and do nothing, Amen

1 comment:

Mark Lowenstein said...

Amen and amen! I'll bet you gave her a good punch in the nose with that remark, huh? She needs that and pray that the seed of thought you left with her continues to grow in her (it's God's doing, bro). You've done your part and now it's up to her and God.

Thanks for the song! It's now singing in my heart!